What is Shared Hosting?
- The secret to understanding shared hosting lies right there in the name, your site shares a physical server with one or more other websites. Remember that, Every website on the internet is ‘hosted’ — on a certain server (a type of computer) and the server provides all the necessary data, and the web page appears in the browser. With shared hosting, one server stores all the files for multiple sites at once and is responsible for serving up information about them. This is the opposite of a dedicated server — a server that hosts just one specific website.
- Let’s take a look at some advantage and disadvantage of shared hosting. Since sites on a shared hosting server take up fewer resources than those on dedicated servers, shared hosting plans tend to be a lot less expensive. The host who owns the server also takes on the responsibility of maintaining it, which means less work for you. However, there are disadvantages as well, since sites can end up essentially competing for resources.
- Still, shared hosting plans are a popular choice for beginners looking to host their first sites, and for good reason. The small monetary investment and lack of maintenance requirements make this type of hosting an intriguing option.
Who should use Shared Hosting?
- Shared hosting is the most elementary and popular form of web hosting. It is used for blog owners, new websites, and for those who are having a low budget, who wish to create a small or medium scale business.
- By having multiple websites on the same server, the websites literally share a single server’s cost and resources such as disk space, memory, and CPU (central processing unit). Therefore, OneByte can provide the service to our customers at the lowest price in Cambodia’s market.
- The downside is that your website might have limited bandwidth and will slow down if there’s a lot of traffic on the websites that are sharing the same server as you are. Hang on, with OneByte, your web hosting can be easily scaled up as needed. Problem solved!
- In conclusion, anybody and everybody who does not need dedicated resources should or eventually opts for shared hosting packages can use Shared Hosting
+ To get the latest promotions, events. Please check out this link
+ To get the fastest answer, the FAQ Page is the best place to look for
+ Keep up with 1Byte’s YouTube channel to make it simpler to comprehend
+ As always, 1Byte would bring you fresh content and exclusive deals in the future. STAY TUNED!!!